GCSEs and A. Level examinations are important milestones in a child’s life. Attainment at these academic milestones determines the route to university and eventual choice of career. A young person can feel the pressure and can develop high anxiety and depression as a consequence. Some may rebel by adopting a negative peer group, smoking cannabis or drinking alcohol to excess.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy provided by our psychologists at Morency Consulting Rooms can help individuals feel more confident about the way they approach an exam by:
- Developing practical ways to stop procrastination
- Helping control feelings of despair, worry or anxiety
- Helping slow down a racing mind
- Challenging negative thoughts
- Offering relaxation techniques to help manage anxiety symptoms
Morency Therapy & Consulting Rooms provide exam stress counselling for South Birmingham and Worcestershire, including Alvechurch, Barnt Green, Bromsgrove and Redditch.