Online therapy is increasingly popular for people wanting more flexibility in their lives and adapting to new situations. A dramatic increase in the number of clients who prefer to have therapy sessions in the comfort of their own home or office has led me to move all my therapy sessions online.
Benefits of Online Counselling and Therapy
Counselling and psychotherapy online via Skype or Zoom has a number of clear advantages over the more traditional method of going to see a therapist in person:
- Your life is uninterrupted meaning that busy individuals can access evidence-based, high-quality service in a flexible way
- Individuals can access help from their preferred location
- No travel costs or time spent travelling
- Child care can be made easier by eliminating travel time
- International access – ideal for travellers and those working or living abroad
- All Skype and Zoom sessions are encrypted to ensure privacy and confidentiality
Online Therapy – The Process
You can download the software that allows you to make online video calls from Skype.com and Zoom.us. It is easy to set up and the service from both Skype and Zoom is free. Most laptops have a built in videocam and mic, but if your computer does not have this, you can buy a very inexpensive videocam that connects via the USB port.
Online Therapy sessions can be conducted from anywhere in the world and all you need is access to the internet. This is a wonderful feature, because it allows us to connect and have our therapy session even if you are out of the country or away on business. The world has become much more connected through this useful technology and the possibilities are limitless for promoting well-being and happiness.