Skype therapy, Online Internet Psychotherapy and Counselling via Skype, is becoming increasingly popular for busy people. I have noticed a dramatic increase in the number of clients who prefer to have therapy sessions in the comfort of their own homes, rather than driving to a therapist’s office.
Benefits of Online Counselling and Therapy
Counselling and psychotherapy via Skype has a number of clear advantages over the more traditional method of going to see a therapist in person:
- Your life is uninterrupted meaning that busy individuals can access evidence-based, high-quality service in a flexible way
- Individuals can access help from their preferred location
- No travel costs or time spent travelling
- Child care can be made easier by eliminating travel time
- International access – ideal for travellers and those working or living abroad
- All Skype sessions are encrypted to ensure privacy and confidentiality
Skype Therapy – The Process
You can download the software that allows you to make Skype video calls from Skype.com. It is easy to set up and most importantly the service from Skype is free. Most laptops have a built in videocam and mic, which makes it very easy. If your computer does not have this, you can buy a very inexpensive videocam that connects via the USB port.
Skype Online Therapy sessions can be conducted from anywhere in the world. All you need is access to the internet. This is a wonderful feature, because it allows you to talk with your therapist even if you are out of the country. The world has become much more connected through this wonderful technology and the possibilities are limitless for promoting well-being and happiness.